Thursday, December 13, 2012

Reading with Hello, the Future at Soul Food and A week of crazy!

In case you're looking for something to do tomorrow night, you know, getting ready to celebrate the Mayan-end-of-the-world solstice and all that, I'm reading all apocalypse and futuristic poetry at 6 PM opening for a band called "Hello the Future" at Soul Food Books Friday.
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/14860894-hello-the-future-at-soulfood-books-and-café

I have had the nuttiest week - my little brother and his wife came in to visit from Thailand, so we took them on a tour of all the fun stuff you can do here in the cold rainy season - wine and beer tasting in Woodinville, sushi dinner and the Sorrento Hotel lounge for cocktails, a pilgrimage to Caffé Vita and helping them catch up on any American things they'd missed (Whole Foods! Book stores! Back episodes of Community and Family Guy! Ah, America...) I also had several poetry events and trying to get everything together for New Binary Press for my third book, "Unexplained Fevers" - copyediting, updating acknowledgements, getting an author photo (hopefully) and working with Michaela Eaves on the cover art. I think I've gotten about seven hours of sleep over the past seven days, which hopefully will be fixed over the weekend. (Along with working on a friend's manuscript, writing my Poet's Market articles, and getting Christmas shopping finished...and Christmas cards, um, started? And responding to all the e-mails I've been ignoring?)

No comments:

Post a Comment