Sunday, December 30, 2012

Follow the Poet Laureate in the New Year!

I'm keeping busy at the beginning of 2013! Check out these Poet Laureate Events During the First Few Weeks of January! Go go go!

At Bellevue Art Museum on January 4, a free "First Friday" at the Museum, I'll be helping celebrate Japanese traditions, and I feel greatly honored to be doing so! I'll be doing a short reading of poems inspired by Japanese folk tales from 4:30-5 PM with an accompanying slide show of custom art for the poems by Michaela Eaves, then doing an hour-long workshop on haiku and haibun. I hope to see you there! Bellevue Art Museum is a wonderful resource and I'm very happy to be working with them! I believe the gift shop there will also be carrying my books the day of the reading, and there will be recordings in the museum of me reading a few of my poems. Cool, right?

At the Redmond Library on January 5th at 3 PM, I'm happy to be hosting a panel on "Multicultural poetry and the language of science" with guest poets Natasha K. Moni and Raul Sanchez. Refreshments will be served and the conversation should be lively!

On January 11th, I'll be heading down to Tacoma to a reading at 7 PM at King's Books. It's a wonderful bookstore if you've never visited, and I always feel like I don't get to see my Tacoma friends often enough. (And the Glass Museum, and the Point Defiance Zoo, and...)

On January 20th, I'll be heading back to Bellevue Arts Museum to do a children's haiku workshop!

I hope you can make it out to at least one of these events. And I'll be reading at the Library on February 20th as part of the "Redmond Reads Poetry" series - I'll be reading all comic-book and fairy-tale poetry !

No comments:

Post a Comment